For improved athletic performance, sports nutritionists, as well as exercise physiologists suggest that triathletes keep their weight in check by following the strict and well-planned nutrition dense , isoenergetic food plan that is rich in carbohydrates. This must be coupled with regular intake of low dose multivitamins.
Women tri-athletes need to boost their iron intake. In the days before competitions, triathletes must to cut back on intensity training as well as their carb load. A half hour to an hour before exercising practice, a pre-workout or pre-workout protein and carbohydrate snack should be consumed. To prevent heat-related ailments and dehydration, drink plenty of fluids when exercising.
After exercising or training, take a carbohydrate and protein snack for about half an hour. Prior to going to bed, you should eat something healthy if exercising in the morning.
Sports supplements can also be used to enhance the liposomal turkesterone supplement capsules efficiency of triathletes. These synthetic and ergogenic (energy producing) supplements can be potentially efficient in boosting power and strength.
In general, these supplements are designed to give the tri-athletes with the essentials such as electrolytes, water and carbohydrates when they are engaged in rigorous physical exercise. In addition the supplements are recognized to increase the fitness capacity and endurance of the body. This can lead to more and longer training.
* Energy drinks – Energy drinks, like sports drinks, are not isotonic. They give you an abundance of sugar and caffeine for an energy boost.
* Carbohydrates – Triathletes need to consume huge amounts of carbohydrates to ensure that they have adequate carbohydrate reserves in their muscles and liver. In addition eating a small amount of protein prior to exercise may boost the amount of carbohydrates available which can lead to improved performance. Ingestion of a tiny amount of carbohydrates following exercising, on other hand, improves the ability to store carbohydrates as well as the production of protein.
* Water and Sports DrinksMany fluids, in the form of sweat, are ejected from the body during exercise. Loss of too much fluids can result in diseases related to heat such as heat stroke and dehydration. Consuming plenty of water and sports drinks is vital to avoid heat-related illness and maintain peak exercise performance. It will help ensure that you don’t shed more than 2% of your body weight in the form of liquids. Sports drinks are perfect for triathletes due to their carbohydrates and salt. They not only replenish your water but also replenish your body with essential electrolytes, sugars and nutrients.
* Creatine* Creatine Creatine is one of the top supplements for triathletes due to the fact that it increases muscle strength during training.
* The sodium PhosphateMany studies have demonstrated that sodium phosphate can increase the amount of oxygen that is absorbed.
* Sodium Bicarbonate- Also called baking soda, sodium bicarbonate gets rid of carbon dioxide and acidity by buffering these toxins using bicarbonate ions prior to being released through the lung. The effectiveness of sodium bicarbonates can be seen in increasing exercise capacity in particular swimming. However, the bicarbonate load can cause stomach discomfort in certain people.
* Caffeine* Caffeine Caffeine can be present in tea, coffee, chocolates , as well as other energy drinks. The consumption of caffeine before exercise can increase endurance.
* Glycerol: Studies show the fact that consuming Glycerol in water can increase fluid retention, therefore stopping dehydration, particularly during prolonged exercise. Glycerol does not appear for its ability to boost exercise performance.
In addition to these widely popular performance-enhancing supplements, other substances believed to enhance performance among tri-athletes include Essential Amino Acids or EAA and HMB. Furthermore, boosting the strength of athletes’ immune systems is also important and thus taking in immune system boosters is advised. Echinacea as well as vitamin C and zinc are all nutrients that can boost your immune system.
Supplements can be beneficial to boost the performance of triathletes. The consumption of supplements can help to ensure that the body is getting the proper amount of carbs, calories, protein and other nutrients. Remember, however that these products are just supplements, and are not meant to substitute for the real thing, which is a healthy diet.
Always consult a professional in sports nutrition or exercise physiologist for confirmation that the supplements you consume are suitable for your needs. There is a possibility of serious adverse effects when you take excessive amounts of nutrients. It’s always better to be safe instead of sorry.